Thursday, February 28, 2008

Le Saigon = Le Love


I must admit I’ve never had Vietnamese food, so I was a little weary when I first tried Le Saigon, but the second I saw the hot sauces (in ketchup bottles for easy dispensing!) at the table, my fears were quickly quelled!

The restaurant is cozy and charming, with great feng shui decor; the waitstaff seated us immediately, and were extremely attentive throughout the meal.

The fried tofu is outstanding (oh so crunchy and buttery!) atop a huge portion of veggies and slurpy, vermicelli noodles. For those rainy L.A. days (Yes, we do have winter in California, unbeknownst to my Chicago mind) try the noodle soup. It’s like a big, spicy hug that provides instant comfort.

But you must start with the spring rolls, which are overloaded with mint, basil, carrots, sprouts, and shrimp, and are tightlty nestled in clear rice paper.

I swear, peanut sauce makes everything better!

Le Saigon is located at 11611 Santa Monica Blvd in Los Angeles, CA. Phone: (310) 312-2929. Hours: Tue-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm

Posted by Andie Karras

No comments: